All Students: 1. All clothing should be neat, modest, clean, properly fitting, in good repair and not interfere with the educational process. Sunglasses, hats, and hoodies should not be worn inside the building.
2. Clothing should not be transparent or extremely tight fitting or oversized.
3. Undershirts and tank tops are not acceptable as outerwear.
4. No shirt may be worn that is imprinted with questionable messages or pictures. Acceptable examples of pictures and wording on tops include animals and scenery, sports teams, college or school logos and names of cities, states or countries.
5. Modesty should be the key with no extremes in the areas of hairstyles, hair coloring, jewelry (body piercing), or makeup. Hair coloring must be a natural tone (no green, blue, orange, burgundy, etc.)
6. For high school students, sweatpants, and athletic shorts are to be worn only during PE classes or as directed during after school sports activities and socials. Shorts must be modest and at least to mid-thigh length.
7. Secondary students may wear modest shorts, pants, or capris to classes.
8. Elementary students may wear shorts (at least mid-thigh length) and sweatpants to class.
Girls: 1. The hem of skirts or dresses should be no more than 2" above the top of the knee.
2. Girls may wear modest sleeveless or cap sleeve tops and dresses. Those having low necklines, low backs, revealing midriffs or showing undergarments may not be worn. This would include spaghetti straps, halter tops, bare backs. Tank tops may be modestly worn under shirts, blouses, sweaters, and dresses as part of a layered look.
3. Jewelry that is worn as a result of a body piercing will not be allowed with the exception of earrings worn on the ear.
4. Yoga pants/leggings must be accompanied by a long shirt/top that covers a student's front and back entirely.
Boys: 1. Hair needs to be clean and neatly trimmed.
2. Facial hair is permitted but must be neatly trimmed.
3. Earrings are considered inappropriate and may not be worn.
4. Hats are not to be worn inside.
Any infraction will be discreetly brought to to the student's attention, asking the student not to wear the item again. If a second violation occurs or if the first violation is extreme, the parents will be called and asked to bring appropriate clothing.
Greater Lisbon Christian Academy Rua Viriato N. 4 Bairro do Castelo, Ramada, Portugal 2620-490
GPS Coordinates: N 38.8101 W 9.1941
Driving Directions: Head north on IC22 toward Odivelas (follow signs toward A9) Take the Loures/Caneças exit. Go 3/4 way around the circle at the end of the exit ramp. Drive up the hill to the next circle and go toward Ramada. Go up the hill and take the first right. Continue straight until you get to a circle. Go straight through the circle and head up the hill toward the pink building on the left at the next intersection.